- Advertisement -
HomeIndiaCyclone 'Toute' caused havoc in Goa and Karnataka, pictures are saying something

Cyclone ‘Toute’ caused havoc in Goa and Karnataka, pictures are saying something

- Advertisement -


The NDRF has placed 79 teams on stand by positions for relief work amid conditions arising due to cyclone. Apart from this, 22 additional teams have also been arranged. Apart from the NDRF, teams of Army, Navy and Coast Guard forces have also been engaged in relief operations along with water ships and aircrafts. Union Minister of Shipping Mansukh Mandavia reviewed the conditions of handling of cyclone towers at all ports and on the west coast.

Water level rises in Kerala dams, officials warn

The state’s dams on Sunday saw a rise in water levels despite the cyclone ‘Toute’ wreaking havoc off the coast of Kerala. The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has issued an Orange Alert on Sunday for three districts Ernakulam, Idukki and Malappuram which means heavy rains may occur in these districts. There have been reports of heavy rains in the catchment areas of several dams in the districts of central Kerala, due to which the authorities have warned. Thrissur administration said that if the water level of the Peringalkuthu dam crosses 419.41 meters, the shutters of the dam will be lifted.

NDRF teams will be sent if needed

From Karnataka to Gujarat amidst the cyclone’s havoc, Home Minister Amit Shah himself took command of disaster control. Shah has reviewed the situation on Sunday afternoon by meeting with officials and chief ministers of several states including Maharashtra, Gujarat. Home Minister Amit Shah has assured all possible help to all the states in the virtual meeting. Apart from this, it has also been told that additional teams of NDRF can also be sent if needed.

Cabinet Secretary insisted on people’s rescue

Cabinet Secretary Rajiv Gauba stressed the need to take all measures to evacuate people from the areas affected by the cyclonic storm ‘Toute’ in the Arabian Sea to avoid any kind of loss of life and property. During the National Crisis Management Committee (NCMC) reviewing the situation arising out of the cyclone, Gauba directed to ensure all preparedness arrangements for restoring electricity, telecom and other critical services.

One and a half million people were evacuated to safety in Gujarat

Taking care in Gujarat, about one and a half lakh people have been evacuated to safe places so far. The Health Department team is well equipped to deal with any kind of emergency situation in the state.

Discussion on all conditions in high level meeting

Earlier, Union Home Minister Amit Shah, Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister, Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs, Civil Aviation, Communications, Shipping Ministries, top National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) in a high level meeting with PM on Saturday The officers, the Chairman of the Railway Board and top officials of the Prime Minister’s Office and the Ministry of Home Affairs took part. During the meeting, all the necessary things to deal with the storm were discussed.

The danger of storm also hovers over Mumbai

Cyclone threat is also hovering over Mumbai. According to BMC, there has been no rain in Mumbai since Sunday morning. However, the sky is cloudy. Accordingly, strong winds continued in the city, resulting in the fall of four trees in the western suburbs. Light rain was recorded in Mumbai on Saturday night. Meanwhile, Mumbai Mayor Kishori Pednekar visited the BMC Disaster Control Room on Sunday to take stock of the preparedness to deal with the cyclone. Pednekar also appealed to the public to strictly follow the instructions issued from time to time by the administration.



Source link

- Advertisement -

Related News

- Advertisement -

Must Read